Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tidbits on another fabulous day

I came in right on time today - even after dropping off my daughter and acquiring a traditional chicken biscuit ( minus the biscuit) for breakfast.

I got the room set up for class - then -my insulin pump patient cancelled with the flu...

So I HAVE NO WORK TO DO!!!! I am all caught up - something that has not happened in about 8 months and now, be still my heart, I am headed home at noon to go hang Christmas lights.

I got a call from the Bone Marrow donation people - I had sent them an e-mail a few months ago to see if I could update my information - and they called me back to update my information. Side note here - if you have not registered with them, it is a simple blood test to determine you compatibility, I did mine at a time when I was donating my O negative blood anyway - and bone marrow can save someone's life, consider registering to be a donor.

4 comments:

J said...

Oh my gosh! You're so lucky!!!

Enjoy your afternoon!

SJ said...

Never thought about bone marrow donation. Hmm...

I donated blood for years. Back home it is voluntary and unpaid, and you doners can only give one pint every 3 months - I did it because I wanted to donate. But when I moved to Australia they wouldn't let me donate anymore. The reason? Because I lived in the UK between 1986 and 1990, and they think everyone who lived there during that time is infected with mad cow disease.

It's lunacy, I tell you. Udder lunacy! :)

Loner said...

just testing to see if I fixed the moderation thing

Badpatty said...

and you DID! Whoo-hoo!