Thursday, December 08, 2005

I am going to away...


This afternoon Justin will drive me to the airport - where I will fly back to my other home out west - back to Albuquerque and mesas and sage and rabbit brush.

But most importantly, I'll get to see my girl Steph, her sweet husband Mark and the new bambini, Garnet. I still have baby-fever, though just a touch, and I can hardly wait to see them.

Just knowing that I will have a few days in the company of people I love - without my normal household chores -has covered me in a feeling of peace that I have lacked over the past couple of months. I hope to get to see a couple of my girlfriends, though so far it doesn't look like they will be able to make the trip out from Tsaile.

I never really thought about how blessed I am - I delivered all three kids without much trouble. Jake was a big guy - 10 1/2 pounds, but after a bit of oxygen, he did just fine. I did gain about 80 pounds after Jake was born, but had easy deliveries.

Steph has really struggled - and like a good mama, she took good care of her baby, preventing macrosomia ( ginormous baby in laymans terms) by diligently taking insulin multiple times a day. Then there was an emergency c-section and meconium staining despite her efforts. Several days of NICU later, Garnet is home and healthy and safe.

And though I never had that beautiful moment where I handed my baby over to the proud daddy and he said something sweet - like honey that was the most beautiful thing - or thank you for our baby - I do have the blessing of three happy and healthy kids - and now a man at home who loves them. And a person can scarcely ask for more of a blessing than that.

1 comment:

SJ said...

Have a great time Stace. And don't forget to take that left turn!