Monday, August 16, 2010

Thirteen Days is a Long Time

In thirteen days we will meet the neurosurgeon who I like already because she went to Indiana University just like I did.

In twelve days Jake and I will pack our bags and drive up to Cleveland Ohio - together in the car for 9 hours and will watch about 6 movies in the process.

In eleven days we will go with friends to the Perogie Festival.  We'll head over to 5PM Mass and afterwards ask Father to give Jake the Annointing of the Sick

In ten days I will go to Mercier's Orchard in Blue Ridge and buy peaches after visiting with my good friend over lunch in Blairsville. I may break down and buy a pie as well - who knows.

In nine days I will spend the whole day in Toccoa and sit by the little park near the Falls where it is secluded and quiet and reminds me of some piece of the Garden of Eden: perfection

In eight days  we will be in Hartwell - and Lavonia - and Royston and about a dozen other little spots visiting people with diabetes.

In seven days I meet with my fellow clinicians at Eclipse deLuna for tappas and laughter and support only girlfriends can give.

In six days I will go to my new church and again marvel at the choir and the passionate homily by the Monsignior and the lovely people who come to 9am Mass on Sunday morning. Then to Eagle's Landing for Cajun breakfast, followed by an attempt at a day of rest again.  I really enjoyed it.

In five days I will help out with the Confirmation workshop at my "old" church because they asked me to  - thus bringing peace to a situation that never should have had conflict

In four days I will attempt to work from home -but will probably fail and spend the day doing laundry or making jam or doing online learning because I am so distracted.

In three days I am going to dinner with Justin because now that we are friends again, it seemed like the thing to do.

In two days I will meet with a group of people who use our technology to help with their blood sugar control- then I will drive wildly home in order to present a Webinar on the exact same subject.   Weird.
Then to Wednesday church for a meeting to help organize the youth group - because I need more to do.

In one day there is a trip to Athens and to the UGA student center, then on to Winder and to my poker league.  ( a girl needs to have some fun, right?)

But for today, there is still a shred of daylight, and still the sense of hope for things to come....and a little bit of open space on my calendar which needs to be filled- so I'm off to go be alive.  You should try it- it is pretty liberating .

No comments: