Friday, August 27, 2010

Gratitude from a Willful Girl

Somewhere,  Lord, between the silence and the sound
I felt Your Hand upon my head
The way my father used to pat my hair
With the strength of hand which knew work
And the conviction of a peaceful soul

I felt your warmth as the sun streaked through the window
Melting my doubts with the reality of being wrapped in you

I knew your presence as you reassured me in the readings
Of the mother whose only son was restored to her when you felt pity

Your holy sacrament refreshed me as cool water from a stream
and I smiled after communion when I noticed the wine had been chilled

I have felt your comfort as person after person has relayed
Stories of healing, of hope, of a life that was changed on this path.

When I was disappointed in the behavior of people and in myself
You reassured me that Your time was not the same as my time


Most importantly, thank you for reminding me that old habits are a dry well
That the Path of the Prince of Peace brings joy in the morning
In the knowledge that You are in fact the strong man I sought to hold me,
I hear you whisper that you have a plan and a future for us
Plans to prosper and not to harm us,
And in your mercy, you have granted me sleep and solitude.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful.