Thursday, August 24, 2006

What do you think?

I did a bit of surfing yesterday - not the literal kind, but linking on to new people who had made interesting comments on the folks I normally read. In doing this, I happened upon a comment that was a bit terse, and I decided to see what the blog was like. I am not sure if what I happened upon was a real blog - where a person was venting the "not so beautiful parts" of their feelings - or if it was made up. But it was the comments that slayed me. They were nasty - full of piss and vinegar because the things this person was expressing were not filled with goodness and light. Whether or not it was real seems irrelevant to me - this is supposed to be a place where we can vent - and dream - and create - and find other souls who think and feel and love. It makes me wonder if someone found my other blog - the place where I write down the ugly thoughts and fears that are not for public consumption - what they would think of me - without the mask of propriety - with my secrets showing. Being human means we are both darkness and light - and that we go through times where what we think isn't pretty - but does that give us the right to pounce on someone - man, I hope not.

3 comments:

Dale said...

"Judge not lest ye be judged."

We're all entitled to a good rant now and then, Stace. It's cathartic. We're all human. We all get frustrated sometimes. As long as it's not too violent or too prolonged ...

Envoy-ette said...

Ha! Some of my best posts were when I was ticked off! Of course...my mother didn't like them at all! LOL!!!!

magz said...

Hi sis, I know exactly what ya mean here, for I've gotten a bit ranty myself (tho I still get ignored)
I've actually got 11 different blogs going! Most are books either in progress or finished, but the latest is a strait up ranty blog! I posted one of em on da farmblog to not much attention, yet I'll continue to rave about things that truely bug me, maybe someday posthumously somebuddy will stumble over a collection of essays proving that yup;
despite my basic optomisim I too, get snarky at times.

Humor is my weapon of choice and my saving grace,
it's my guess that even God has days when he's in a pissy mood, after all, he invented flies!
Mucho love and many best prayers and thoughts to you and your fambly Stace, ALL of em hehe.