Monday, August 21, 2006

Beginnings

My mom called last night, they arrived at Mayo last night. And so it begins. She is updating her blog on a daily basis with info about the treatments. Feel free to leave her a kind word - this is going to be a rough couple of weeks. I will probably be driving up there the weekend of Labor Day - so Marc, I may just take you up on that offer for BBQ! I figured on Mapblast that it would take me about 21 hours to drive - and since I am not leavign for a week without carry-on luggage, I am driving.

I got a call on Friday from a woman who had a diabetic dog, a Landseer Newfoundland. The pharmacy had given her the wrong type of insulin and her dog didn't make it. That was about three weeks ago, and she had convinced herself she was ready for another dog, so she took in two puppies, Newfie/Pyrenese cross puppies. But she wasn't ready, and she wanted to know if I would take them in. Oh look, a puppy......

So I did. New additions to our house include Koda and Miley, who, at 4 months, are about 30 pounds a piece. Here is a picture of the breed - and roughly their coloration - but I'll have to get some pictures. I am hopeful that by the end of September, we will be ready to start adopting some of these dogs out - so that we can make room for more!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loner,
So sorry to hear about your Dad. Sending you a hug and a prayer.

nunya said...

William wants one of your dogs. However, it needs to stay at your house until he is 8. Got one that would be a good "helper dog"?

Loner said...

Jerry - thanks, you are a sweetheart

Tammy - Oh girl - don't tease me unless you mean it! I have three who are getting altered Sept 22 - and would be ready for a new home - two of them would be good - the herding dogs are SO smart.