Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It is time

Well, football season is upon us
things are starting to settle down
So it is time to start using all that lumber and paint we have lying around

I toured the new hospital yesterday - our system is expanding - and I was just inspired.
The designer has used about five different shades of hardwood, granite and sandstone, frosted glass with designs like twigs, and greens and blues and earth tones in such a way that you almost feel like you are walking through an outdoor pavillion in the woods - rather than through a hospital.

So inspiration has finally struck - and I know what I want in my own house - the feel of nature the greens and blues and muted colors that are so comforting outside.

So this weekend, I am starting with the kids bathroom - a room that time forgot somewhere back in the 70s. The old rusty wall heater comes out - the wallpaper goes out - and lush green paint - a new shower curtain and new mirror comes in. I am so EXCITED about having something fun to do - that will have such a positive impact!

The smelly blue carpet is next....

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

This sounds too ambitious for me. Hooray for the 70s. :)

Madcap said...

Woot! What fun! I think it'll be lovely.