Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Love Always Wins


This weekend my friend, Dale, gave a sermon at his church called Out of the Depths. If you have ever struggled and wondered "why", take a moment and read what he has written.

Sometimes I feel like I am a bit preachy here - but my faith is so terribly important to me - that of course that shows here as well.

You see, God pursued me, relentlessly. Rich Mullins used to describe God as being obsessed with us - creating us to love Him, and giving us free will so that we could choose to love Him back - or walk away. He brought me home safe many nights when I had no business driving - gave me wonderful children so that I would learn what love really is -saved me from someone who wanted to kill me - and even after I had sinned against him - and my kids - and my family - He took me back, each time. There was never the bright lightening bolt - like on the road to Damascus, but there were events - a series of coincidences and blessings that were unmistakably orchestrated by someone who loved me.

I have work to do, so I'll have to finish this thought later - but take a moment and see what Dale had to say.

No comments: