Thursday, July 27, 2006

Do you see the weiner - it means they're boys



These pictures came in my e-mail yesterday. I beling to a ListServe for rescues in the state. They are listed as Australian shepherd crosses, two boys and a girl, slated for euthanasia this morning.

Well, of course you already know what I did - I drove up and adopted them. Meet Jack and Bruce - who is WAY cuter in person. They were accompanied by their "sister" who turned out to be a boy as well. Mickey is a amaller version of Bruce and can be faintly seen lying behind him in the picture.

They were so happy to be able to run about the yard - and did great with the girls. We had to bathe them when we got home, the smell was not a nice thing. They were curious about the chickens - and we'll have to stay on them to make sure they do alright, but they did great even when baby Birdie, who is only about 7 pounds now, came out in the yard with them. So glad we got to them before ... well, just before.

So I may have to do some figuring and see if there are other options for our pups. We may have to get that official rescue license so that we can start getting them adopted out. Even with the four year plan to find more land, I think we may be bursting at the seams - but I just couldn't say no.

I think Addendum is my new favorite word... so here is an addendum. I thought, at first glance that they were Aussie pups - but I did a search and found that even Border Collies (which Bruce and Mickey so clearly are) can be Merled - so I think they are border collie mixes. We'll see - and we'll hopefully get pictures over the weekend.

4 comments:

Dale said...

Do they bark with an Aussie accent, Stace? And if they're Border Collies, which border? Check their passports. LOL!

I think it's time you guys took a census. Just how many critters have you got there now??

Sarah said...

Collies are the best. I am so happy that you were able to adopt them, they are adorable. You are a true blessing to so many, human and animal.

Twisted Lady said...

Adorable!

Mahala said...

That breed is so smart, they're amazing. You're so lucky you've got room to rescue them that way :)