Thursday, September 09, 2004

Unfortunate Circumstance

What brings you here?

"I am here because of an unfortunate circumstance at the wedding of a friend. I fell head over heels for this girl who lives six hundred miles away. So here I am."

Hearing it described this way, as we were walking hand in hand through the yard of a house I am thinking of buying, it occurs to me that this makes a pretty good story - two people who have never met, but know each other's stories through their mutual friend, meet at her wedding where they are both bridesmaids, get entrenched in chemistry and tequila, then spend months and money driving/flying the 600 miles required to get them in the same zip code. Isn't there a movie like this - (Justin, I know you can find one!!)

I don't know how the story will end - though at the moment, it seems to be a series of new beginnings. The more time we spend together, the less I am able to tolerate being apart, though I know it is a necessity at present. I am looking forward to see how it plays out - as he takes a fantastic new job and she moves to a new home with deer in the yard and ducks in the pen.

No comments: