Monday, September 13, 2004

Just in case you think He isn't paying attention

This has been a tough weekend - Jerra and I are both sick. Between the fever and the Ogre's multiple drive-bys this weekend, neither of us has slept. Then there is this sudden shift among my friends - from viewing the Ogre as a nuisance to viewing him as a real threat. These conversations were very enlightening - especially because I have so much on my agenda already.

Well, yesterday after Jacob's football debut ( he started on Defense and also played Special Teams) my folks wanted to have a conversation about all of this at the park close by. Won't go into the details of that now - suffice it to say that tempers flared and tears were shed. During the course of this meeting, my purse was left on the ground. I retrieved it before we left and went home about 6:30.

This morning as I followed my normal routine of zipping through McD's for my eggs and sausage, I discovered that my wallet was no where to be found. I asked the nice lady taking orders if I could get breakfast on my good looks this morning - she just smiled and shook her head ( told you I was sick!!)

Then it came to me - a picture of my wallet beneath the bench at the park. At 9:30 this morning I went to the park, and there was the wallet - just as I had pictured it. Safe and intact with every piece of ID I possess.

Just in case you think God isn't busy watching us - remember that He watched over that wallet and kept it safe from all the kids that were in the park last night and the dog-walkers who were there this morning until I could get back to retrieve it. Things like that don't happen in a world where He isn't paying attention. Wonder why I live by Faith - why I am an optomist - because every single time I need Him, He shows up and takes care of things I didn't even realize I needed help with. Just needed to testify a bit here -especially because this could have gone MUCH worse.

No comments: