Friday, September 17, 2004

It's Official!!!!!

Last night the Ogre called me three times - then again this morning to talk about a trade. Seems he can't get his cable hooked up until Tuesday - and would like to pirate mine over the weekend - ummm, no.

He continues to obsess, saying he doesn't want to lose the family. Said that he thinks there is something wrong with him because he just can't let it go. That something would be the ideal that you can hit someone, hit her child, say anything that comes to mind, even if it is cruel, and sleep with someone else as entitlement during a marriage. Of course he doesn't want to lose us - I was patient even when he was a mess. I believe in forgiveness, possibly to a fault - cooked all the meals, did all the housework and still worked a full time job, making more than he did. Yea, he had it pretty good, no wonder he doesn't want to let us go!! He also said that if he doesn't sign the divorce papers, I would be forced to stay with him. Also ummm, no.

So I convinced him ( now I need to go to confession) that the only way for him to keep us was to sign and enable us to get a house - which we can't with the papers unsigned. He agreed with the condition that we get together tomorrow to sign the car titles - yea, I'll get together with him, and bring the sheriff along for the ride.

So at 11 am today, I signed the divorce papers after he signed the papers and by the end of the day, I will be legally free of the Ogre. Physically free is yet another matter, to be determined at the end of the day today. Keep your fingers crossed.


No comments: