Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Season for Everything

About a year ago, I started following the blog of a lady, Karla, who was having a baby. I found her site on Raindrops - where about half my links came from in the first place! Being up to my ears in baby-itis myself, it was good to be able to see how things were going for her. Then toward the end of her pregnancy, she lost the baby. Baby Ava was beautiful and perfect in everyway, except that her little soul didn't stay here for very long. Several folks posted about her loss. She started a new blog, Untangling the Knots, I've been lurking there - checking in from time to time.

Karla is pregnant again, due in about 6 weeks. Her courage is amazing. Rather than deciding she would never tempt Fate again by carrying another pregnancy - and risking being hurt again - she has chosen to hope - and live - and follow the path her heart has led her to.

If you get a minute, stop by and read her story - she has a link to her memorial for Baby Ava over on the left. She could teach us all a bit about hope.

4 comments:

nunya said...

A traumatic pregnancy with a nightmare ending is hard to get past, even when the baby survives. Glad she was able to make the decision for another baby.

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here at work with tears streaming down my face. I looked at the beginning to that blog and the last few entries of her previous blog. I will definitely keep her, her husband, and their wee one in my prayers.

Anvilcloud said...

Things seem to be looking postive for Karla this time. I certainly hope so.

Anonymous said...

I've tried the link several times, but it isn't working. I guess I'll try it from AC's.