Monday, November 13, 2006

Not Encouraging when a Vulture stares into your Hospital room


Our hospital was built in what used to be an old pine and oak forest. Unfortunately, some creatures have not been able or willing to let go and move on to another area. This includes the local vultures. Normally, they congregate on the top floor balcony - which is the oncology floor. The hospital has tried a number of things to get rid of them, but they continue to perch there because it has an excellent view.

Today, though, I caught this guy peering into a patient's window on the med/surg floor.
I did go down to see if there was a patient in the room that he might have been flapping his wings at - but it turned out that he was only fussing at his own reflection and the room was empty.

2 comments:

cat said...

Um... if I seen that last week when I was in the hospital I would have been slightly freaked. Eeek! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I'm sorry, this is so funny for me! And I'm pretty sure it would have been funny when I was on the oncology ward too - it's like a cartoon!