Wednesday, January 18, 2006

1987 was a pretty good year

My mother forwarded this to me - and I thought I would share it with you all - since I amsending my own child, born in 1987, off to college this fall.

The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in 1987 .
They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.
Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
The CD was introduced the year they were born.
They have always had an answering machine
They have always had cable.
Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.
Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.
They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.!
They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.
They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", or "de plane Boss, de plane".
McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.
They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter
Do you feel old yet? (Sorry)

Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate!
You don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing!

( and Justin, NO comments about how you were still in grade school!!)

5 comments:

Madcap said...

My kids recently found a video somewhere that had a "Where's the Beef?" commercial on it, and my 8 yo son's been spouting the line ever since. He thinks it's hilarious, acts out the whole commercial over and over. Would you believe that I've never seen it, and I'm 35? I heard other people saying it, but I was too snobby to watch much tv when I was younger.

Badpatty said...

You read my mind! I was going to comment and say something about how that was the year that I started high school, but I guess I'd better not.

nunya said...

Hmmm...it's a good thing badpatty didn't mention that was the year he started high school.

Dora said...

My oldest was born in 87.....made me remember :)

lifemundane said...

I was two years into college by then. Thankfully, I still don't feel as old as I seem to be getting.