Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Well then!

Last night Bear came in a little before curfew, around 11:45.

This morning I drove her to work at 7:30 and I was chiding her about the note she left me on the kitchen table sometime around midnight. I told her I was still up when she came home and that a reminder about our 7am departure would have been good.

Her cheeks got red - and she said - oh you were in bed already.

I argued that I came out of the bedroom around 12:30 to check to see what the "cooking smell" was - only to discover it was the roast I had put in the crock pot. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer at 12:30.

She siad: "Mom, I know you were in bed when i got home because i came to knock on your door and you two were making all kinds of grunting noises".

I burst out laughing.

Yep, she heard grunting allright - I was watching the final game scene from Any Given Sunday.

Luckily she missed the part earlier in the movie where I was yelling - go baby! go baby! as the receiver caught a beautiful pass and ran it in for the winning touchdown.

sheesh - teenagers.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha, that is hilarious.... She's seems to be no dummy... Ha... I needed that laugh this morning.

Bear said...

I was nearly scarred for life and you guys just laugh it up...ugh...thanks...haha

Anonymous said...

I have to laugh I have a 15 yr old daughter who would have said exactly the same thing!! Thanks for that.....sorry Bear but it is funny from a parents side