Monday, May 08, 2006

The Bad Seed


You know that every family has one - the bad seed - the one who is just cute as a bug and gets away with murder.

Well, we are no exception. It all started when my friend's doe had twins but no milk. The babies were sick - and one didn't make it. So we have chosen to bottle feed Luke. he roams the house, and sometimes woudl climb random things, but overall, he was no proble to have around. Then we moved the baby chicks outside - and allowed Kitten Bob tfree run of the house again. Unfortunately, Luke is a herd animal, and apparently looked to Kitten Bob, master of all bad habits - for leadership.

So it should be no surprise that yesterday I found him curled up in my recliner - after having left little goat pellets on the new yellow cushions on my chaise lounge. I also found the remnants of a paper Josh wrote and put up out of the way - with the edges chewed off, thanks to Luke.

Saturday, while we were gone, he knocked over the trash in the bathroom - to get to some wrapper the kids had thrown away - I found bits of the paper strewn down the hallway..

This morning, though, was the last straw. I came in to fix breakfast and what do I seee but LUKE bleating good morning to me from ATOP MY KITCHEN TABLE.

And to make it worse, he had left a neat little pile of goat berries, right next to the napkins.

Yep - that was my reaction, too.

And I did bleach the tabletop.

Now I am a fairly patient woman, but Luke and Bob will have to be seperated from now on - because squirting Luke with the spray bottle didn't phase him one little bit. I have now removed that rascal, Luke from the table four times today. It has become a game of wits.

I know, since it has happened four times, I realize that I am apparently not the one with the wits.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Naughty little goat...great narration though... I might have thrown him out.... HA HA

Mahala said...

But he's so CUTE!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's a Baaaaaaad goat!

J said...

Oh my gosh- I'm cracking up right now... just the thought of Luke atop your kitchen table w/ goat berries .. HAHAHAHAHAHA...

Looks like somebody is in need of a time out Momma! :)