Friday, January 28, 2005

Wild Woman Salvation

Justin sent me information about how to link websites in my blog - since he does this almost daily and my past attempts have failed miserably.

What better to link than a site devoted to little bits of wisdom and a page on Clarissa Pinkola-Estes' book, Women Who Run With the Wolves. Though smattered with New Age influences, this book was a catalyst in my life - enabling me to become recentered when is was drifting and also enabling me to see that not all women are quiet and polite and thin and perfect - and that women like me are alright, too. It has helped me find a balance with my wild nature and recognize when I allow myself to be trapped. ( Okay - it only works if you are paying attention and do not ignore all the things you see!) If you are interested - or you love a woman who needs to have her hands in the dirt, or throwing clay or spattering paint or writing at 2 in the morning, this may be a good site to check out. Women Who Run with the Wolves Synopsis Site

1 comment:

Anvilcloud said...

We are visiting relatives who have just gone out for a few minutes, so I am using their wireless network.

Just before they left, we were talking about the female nature of God. How did we turn him into a stern patriarchal god?

I haven't time to link to that website right now, but it seems as though we might be on a somewhat parallel wave length.

Be well.