Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Whining

Do you ever catch yourself whining about something in your life that isn't going how it should? It is so easy to get wrapped up in your own stuff that you lose perspective. Other than being constantly broke as a result of caring for three children, my life is going really well. My biggest problem is that I am in love with a fantastic man who balances out my impulsive nature by wanting to wait and feel sure before we commit to being with each other forever. Cannot believe I allowed myself to actually get upset about that!! Just eight months ago, I was fearing for my life and a psychotic man was stalking me and wanted to hurt my kids. A little perspective is required here.

This hit me today, when I went to see a patient who is 37, uses street drugs, has no insurance, and was just diagnosed with breast cancer which has metasticized to her spine and who knows where else. Beautiful woman, yourng woman, and I see that my life could have turned out much differently. In the face of the day she is having - anything I am upset about is just whining.

1 comment:

Badpatty said...

Lord, please grant her patience, but do it RIGHT FREAKIN' NOW. heeheehee