Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Thanks

What do you say to someone who changes your life? What words can hold enough emotion or force to convey the depth of gratitude?

There was no way I could make an offer on the house. I could still use my downpayment money and get a rental place, I could stay another six months with Justin and hope to clean up the mess, or I could try to buy something on contract. I called him to tell him the news - this place was going to pass us by. I was upset and he probably could hear the tears in my voice. We had talked before about a back up plan - if mortgage didn't come through, he would help by cosigning. I thought I wouldn't have to take him up on it and I certainly wasn't going to ask him to help me out of this since it was my mess. It is one thing to offer abstarctly, quite another to actually sign your name. Then he offered to talk to the mortgage broker. He sent me an e-mail saying he had a solution.

When I got home, I was still stressed out from the whole day, so Jerra took the boys to see a movie - even though they had seen it before. The house was quiet, and we sat down for dinner. Justin said he would cosign the loan. I could scarcely believe my ears. Time and time again he amazes me with the depth of his kindness. This is a big undertaking, and not a small debt - but he has shown his faith in me and in us by agreeing to do this. I only hope I can make it a haven for us both.

When I talked to my friend that night, I asked her what to say - she said - just say thanks. It is inadequate, but thanks.

e put in an offer this morning, and offered the full amount the family is asking. This is in God's hands now and if it doesn't pan out, I know He will bring something else - maybe even something better.


1 comment:

Anvilcloud said...

Wow! This guy seems like a keeper.