Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Today is a great day

This has been an eventful day. First, I have to thank Justin for rescuing me and volunteering ( to use his words) to help with the financing. My two acres and garden and trees were taken from me, but now I have been given that dream again. It looks like more restoration is in store. I am hoping at any minute to be able to put an offer in on a house I really like and even if that one doesn't come through, I am ready to get on with our lives and start again.

Second, I have been sending notes back and forth to the Ogre for about a month now. I think it has been the final purging of my system. I wanted to walk him through letting go for a couple of reasons 1. He is sick as all get out and I don't want him tormenting my parents because he knows where they live 2. I needed to say that I forgave him - I don't want to , but I do want to be forgiven when my time comes, so I had to do it. 3. I had to get my mind finished with this whole process. I have had doubts - mostly about myself, and Justin doesn't deserve that. Rehashing things with the Ogre helped me conclude that it really wasn't me - not just in that flippant way that I thought that before, but in a more detached and analytical way. He still denies hitting me - and I have police records that show otherwise.

The most important part of this is that today I think he got it. His e-mail today said that if indeed I had stooped so low as to have taken a lover, that he was no longer interested (and this is supposed to upset me how???) He has now decided that I am a two-bit whore (a term of endearment second only to "hateful bitch" in his vocabulary) and since I have found someone else, I must be more worthless than I was before. He has decided that it was I who committed adultery ( not hardly) and that my relationship was the reason our marriage broke up ( actually it was that pesky girlfriend and divorce petition - but whose counting) Hallelujah!!

1 comment:

Anvilcloud said...

How do people like The Ogre happen? Seems like he needs a few years of intensive therapy. You're well shed.