Friday, September 01, 2006

Another tree

The world seems to be spinning off kilter this week.

Monday I was so sick I didn't go to work - something that happens really rarely
Tuesday, I found one of our new red hens dead and my dad had to restart chemo.
Wednesday, Justin got the mystery call from his boss and Josh got detention
Thursday, Justin took our three kittens to be neutered, and then got the real call that he was being let go from the job he was going to quit anyway - and the boss isn't goign to pay him.
Friday, first thing, Justin found our little goat Luke who was one of our indoor babies, cold and dead in the goat pen. No sign of what happened to him exactly - and we are left with a broken heart

So for lunch today, I am off to buy another tree to bury our dear friend beneath.

5 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

That's a pretty tough week. I suppose it could be worse, but it's hard to imagine somehow.

Mahala said...

*hugs*

Madcap said...

XO

Sarah said...

Sending hugs and prayers your way~

Doolittle Ranch said...

Oh my heart goes out to you.