Thursday, September 28, 2006

Natural Woman - well kind of


I finally took the plunge last night. About a year and a half ago, I colored my hair and it turned out kind of a brassy red. Unfortunatly, my hair doesn't grow fast, so the tips were still a bit brassy while the roots have come in brown - and gray then some got lightened by all my time outside. Four colors on one head - at least in their current proportions - just smacks of something unsavory. So last night, I decided I had some things that needed doing- and I bought haircolor in my natural shade ( and yes, Jerra, I took a snip of my hair an dcompared the roots with the box)- kind of a light brown - and then some highlighter to adjust the highlights that the sun gave me - and the ones leftover from last summer.

So this morning, I feel better somehow. I left my hair down, which I seldom do at work, but it feels good to like how it looks.

Last week I pretty much hit rock bottom, worried about my folks and all they are going through, problems with my youngest son, Justin still looking for permanent employment, disagreements with my middle son and my daughter running out of money when I didn't have any to give her. Then there was some drama with my ex, who, God bless his soul, didn't pay support for 17 years and now owes this huge debt. Well, Florida took away his driver's license until he can get some of it paid off - and he asked me to help out by saying that I had gotten money from him - even though I didn't. Add in a lack of help at work - through no one's fault - which made me skip lunch twice and still leave work late.

I didn't sleep well all week - then ended up getting sick and called into work. I never call in sick - I hate to leave my mess for someone else to deal with - so for me to actually call in sick - you know it had to be bad. Friday I decided enough was enough - and I went to the spa for a massage. Then I took a night off football practice to fold my laundry - which has not been put away properly in months - the pile was not pretty. And last night was the final bit - new underwear ( sorry TMI), new haircolor, and some Key Lime Pie for dinner. Okay - we had fruit and chicken and corn and black beans - but mostly we had pie.

And this morning, the sun seemed to shine a little brighter and I feel much better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loner,
Here's to new underwear! It's good to feel good all under.

Bear said...

Dont worry about me Mamma. When Joe send money, that'll help. I'm working as much as I can, but no one is going to let me starve. I have a lot of people that are my family and care about me...and Cat is always there for me. It's all going to be ok.

Love you,
Jerra