Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A little sensitivity please.

I saw an interview with Terri Irwin, who has been very brave in light of the glaring media coverage of her husband's death. It was heartbreaking as she recounted meeting her husband and saying it was "love at first sight". What a tragedy for true love to exist adn be lost - and in my humble estimation, that is one of the greatest tragedies ever. What saddens me, though is that she actually had to make a statement that the video of her husband's accident wouldn't be aired. Holy moley - who was the insensitive bean who even asked to air it? There is nothing to be gained other than morbid curiosity - especially since it was an accident - not a calculated risk like Mr. Irwin was known for.

It astonishes me that people cannot just let things be - have respect for others need for privacy and allow them some dignity. The poor woman has lost her husband and is faced with the daily task of raising two babies and running a business. I just had to say how astounded I was at her class in handling all of this - I don't think I would have been nearly as calm or polite about it.

No comments: