Friday, February 18, 2005

Tidbits for Friday

House closing is at 3 today - I am investing a chunk of money, but I am so glad that I had it to invest. Right afterwards we are going over to bless the house and put in some spring bulbs. Can hardly wait.

Did I mention that my engagement ring is fabulous - the color of the diamond keeps catching the light while I am driving or typing and it is just a glorious thing.

My folks looked at the links I found yesterday in my quest for fixing this cancer dilemma - and they want to talk about some of the things they found. Maybe all that time in nursing school will pay off after all - at least my folks think I know enough to help - and for now, that helps me feel less like I have abandoned them in their time of need. ( My brain knows I didn't do anything wrong, but my heart hasn't figured this out yet, and wants to keep apologizing)

Had a great breakfast meeting this morning. Now that I have been here three months, my employer actually wanted to know if there was anything I needed or anything they could do differently - the longer I am here, the more I like it. Thank God for the blessing of a good job.

Justin has been calling me Wonder Woman - unfortunately not because of my figure (chuckle) this week he brought me a little surprise - a Wonder Woman keyring. I put my car and office keys on it - so I have been carrying it around all the time. It makes a lovely noise like windchimes while I am driving.

I learned a valuable lesson last night - Apparently boiled peanuts and tequila do not mix. I made a margarita - without using mix - last night and it went down very smoothly. Then Justin had the peanuts and the salty taste was wonderful - until about half an hour later when my stomach realized it had been invaded - not a nice surprise. This morning I am still feeling hung over - which is not convenient because I have a lot of work to cram into a three hour work day.

1 comment:

Badpatty said...

Or it could have been that second drink: the White Russian that took up about 10 ounces. Either way, I'll know what to look for next time. Honey, we're getting a house and you're going to be my wife. I still can't get over that.