Monday, February 21, 2005

Good Housekeeping

The closing went off without a hitch -except that I really hit it off with the lady who had the house before. She gave us a list of all the flowers and trees planted in the yard. Much to my delight - the big tree that I couldn't identify - right behind the pecan is a FIG TREE!!!! Never had a fresh fig, though I suppose I had better learn to like them pretty quickly - it is a twenty foot tree. There are also blackberry and blueberry bushes. I had these same things planted in Indiana - now they are in my new yard - like God put them there so that I have really not lost a thing in the move. The seller said we were the right people for the house - that we were a different breed since we liked so many things the in common. That was probably true. In my one faux pas, I was so busy enjoying myself that I didn't notice Justin signing mountains of papers - and missed that his hands were sore afterwards. Usually I am pretty good about gauging that, but in my fervor for the house, I missed it.

Afterwards we met the kids at the house - it was the first time they had been allowed to roam around and they had a blast out in the woods looking for leftovers long buried. Then came the trip to Lowes and Home Depot for paint and light fixtures.

Saturday morning I couldn't sleep one minute longer - so Bear and I went over to the house and started working. By the end of the weekend, we have most of the carpet up - and the sanding started on the hardwood floors, two rooms nearly done with paint and taping begun on the master bedroom.

It feels like something out of a movie - like finally the dreams I have of a happy life and a little garden are coming true. And to top it off, there is a man who is excited about being my husband - not that he feels obligated, not that we are pregnant and he has to marry me for honor - he just wants to be with me. How incredible is that!?! It is a good house and the beginning of a good life.

No comments: