Thursday, December 28, 2006

Money in your pocket

At the beginning of November, I started a project to try to get our electric bills down - especially since during the height of summer-AC season, the bill was a whopping $350.

So I took the light bulb challenge - and changed out every bulb in the house ( except the ones in appliances) to the energy star reduced energyconsumption versions. It cost me about $40 to buy all new bulbs - and I changed out over 20 - in all the bathrooms, bedrooms, and light fixtures.

Then I unplugged the extra fridge in the garage and added a bit of weatherstripping around the back door.

End result, my electric bill is $80 less than last month, and $125 less than last year. That's about a week's worth of groceries for us - but I'll be happy to spend that money on something else.....okay, probably on a goat.

2 comments:

Cindy-Lou said...

Wow, that's awesome. You're such a little conservationist!

Maja said...

That's amazing! You've inspired me...