Monday, November 22, 2010

Falling Slowly

warming up to the thought of you as you are trying to decide if what you really see is real
my words made you feel 10 feet tall which was only fair since your words made me feel.....

beautiful

in a way that is both unusual and familiar
like the strains of a song I have struggled to remember

I don't know you, but I want to

while burdened with the requirements of being mother and father and rescuer, being a woman is put on the back burner where it becomes dried and charred while waiting to be stirred up.

but you added water- and gently moved the pot to add life back in

my cup is filled to overflowing as I gulp down that which is poured before me
thirst overtaking logic at the end of a dry season

sleep seems to be a luxury item when I can exchange it for what i really need: more time

the sound of your voice, the honest commentary, the understanding that there is a place I may not be able or willing to go without patience and persistance.

i see who you are, maybe seeing more of me than you really want to share

and in that vulnerability i have allowed you to see me as well- and you actually do.

to be seen and loved is the greatest adventure

2 comments:

Doolittle Ranch said...

Hey there, this is me, sorry I haven't been posting much at all but plan to start it up again. I am going to bookmark you so I don't loose you again, Talk soon (:

Anonymous said...

...u...just needed a breath.