Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Illuminata

I have a new friend and he has asked me to pray about where our relationship is going - to get a magic answer from God about whether it is a good idea. Well, this is what I came up with:
when grown-ups love one another they are independent and able to take care of themselves, but together they are support system and a cheering section and a synergistic force greater than the two individuals alone. When it is the real deal there is not the ongoing anxiety of trying to be someone or something else- you are allowed to be yourself- emotions and runny nose and warts and all.

Good lovers and good friends bring peace, comfort, love, energy, relaxation, laughter, and sparkle to your life- they enhance who you already are.

so, the real irony is that I was so concerned about finding a special someone and now that I have someone in my life, all I want to do is be careful with him. The hurry is over. And for today, there is peace and joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...His answer was better than mine. ...always is.