Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Finally

I have been struggling for the past six weeks waiting for some state verification for my new job - and finally everything has come through. I hope to start my new job tomorrow and then start the hunt for a permanent home.I am looking forward to planting my garden again and getting a new batch of ducks in a box.

God has been gracious - and even though I waited longer than I thought I should, it is better that I feel ready to start than starting when I am still feeling overwhelmed by all the other aspects of my life. So, another thing to celebrate, another step taken, another milestone reached in the effort to bloom where planted.


LOVE AND BASKETBALL
Two years ago, I signed my middle son up for basketball at the encouragement of one of the football coaches. It was the league from hell which overshadowed every evening with practice and every weekend for months with games that were hours away. This drama was complicated by a coach who butted heads with me time and time again becuase his cuastic comments were out of line and DEFINITELY not conducive to forging a love of the game.

So here we are in a new place, the kids have not found an abundance of friends, so I took them over to sign up for basketball. As happened in teh past, I was talked out of the first sign up with a lot of theatrics. However, the second one, we stayed for. Luckily, the director was at the sign up. A lovely white-haired man who looked me squarely in teh eye and held my hands as I was describing my concerns about signing the boys up again. He was charming, as so many people here are, and I think this will be a good opportunity to get the boys out of the house. Interstingly enough, right after sign up, Josh came home to tell me that a boy in his class is also signed up and he thinks now that it will be fun. It certianly does not make up for missing the end of football season - Bubba really got cheated because he has waited to play for two years - and his season was ripped away. But I am finding that God has a design and a plan and that so far, everything has worked out way better than I could have planned on my own. So the Saga of Basketball begins with tryouts in a couple weeks - and we'll see how it ends!

No comments: