Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Beauty School

It is probably my fault that my daughter has such an affinity for beauty school. As the daughter of a Barbazon model who by virtue of size and an ugly scar on my neck, never lived up to her modeling potential, I was fascinated by makeup and what a person could do to their appearance through the use of color. My hair has not stayed the same for more than about six months at a time.My most recent foray in color caused a skipped heart beat when he awoke to find a brunette.

In my younger days, before there were children to get ready every morning, it was not unusual for me to spend an hour in the bathroom with a makeup kit like a Hefty Bag. The current regimine can be accomplished in about 15 minutes, with makeup being applied as I drive to work. Definitely a more minimalistic approach.

A took a big step this week and not only let her color my hair much darker - which I like by the way, but I let her trim it. I am fussy about getting my hair cut because it grows back so slowly. It seems like the norm that my hair gets to a length I like and then I trim it only to find it too short again. She broke the pattern and did an excellent job of reshaping my hair (something that was desperately needed since I am starting a job) and leaving the length alone. I knew she was good, but this comfirmed it - the tuition will be worth it if I can finally get a good hair cut!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your blog! snowflake ornaments These ornaments are Presented in a handsome velvet drawstring bag. Please visit snowflake ornaments