Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Winds of War

The hair stands on the back of my neck
My instincts say there is evil on the wind
A force to be reckoned with
Scratching at the air, circling me like prey

I dare not speak of this out loud
But the entity has made it’s intention known
My prayers continue to rise
A plea that things will not end this way

I touch the souls I have for support
But how do you give words to this?
What can I ask of them
To give up their lives and offer protection?

I know it has prowled around my house
In and out of the sacred space where
I hold my children
Watching them as they peacefully dream of tomorrow

There will come a time of truth
When the evil will have to be confronted
And I gather my strength
Steeling my will for the fight that is coming


I circle back home, checking the locks
In the dark I check outside, assuring we are alone
Turning on sensors and lights
Knowing they are not really protection from evil

The day grows nearer, the tension palpable
He has miscalculated the power of my Deliverer
But I must survive the test of patience
That is asked of me; enduring the lies and assaults

On that day, I will do what is required
I will stand for the truth, stand for my children
If a violent end is required,
That too I will embrace as evil has chosen it’s course


No comments: