Friday, August 27, 2004

How to Know if your Ex is Demonically Possessed

During the final meeting to hash out all the details in the divorce, there was a discussion about extending the restraining order/no contact order for two years. Had to push for that since he has apparently lost his mind and feels that terrorizing a family is appropriate behavior. The conversation went something like this:

His lawyer, dictating: The No Contact order will be extended for two years as agreed by the parties and they shall have no contact with one another during this time.
Ogre interruption: Wait, no contact for two years? What if I need to talk to her? What if I need to call her or she needs something?
His lawyer: No contact. You can't call her, or talk to her.
My lawyer: That is kind of the whole point of getting divorced.
The Ogre: I think I still want to be married.

The room fell silent - both his lawyer and my lawyer were stunned into silence. In that moment, I suddenly saw the person I married - not the monster, but that person who was suddenly awakened into the realization that his marriage was ending. It was truly frightening to see.

My lawyer piped in: You will have to find someone else for that now.

1 comment:

Badpatty said...

The message on my cell phone last night: "cheers mommas drunk on champaigne not sure that I spelled tht right Jerra"

Oh, how I laughed. . . .