Thursday, August 12, 2004

Time (waiting stinks)

There are days that I speak of patience
And the words sound logical and true
I hear myself say that it doesn’t matter
All I really want is to be with you
No matter what we call this season we are in

I don’t want to be patient anymore
On the days I am not as strong
I don’t want to wake up in an empty bed
No more sleeping alone all night long
I don’t want to wait, don’t want to be practical

I feel like I have waited my whole life
For my life to begin, for time to come
For someone to know me and love me
For someone who would be strong enough
To keep promises made in the dark

But I know that only more time
Will vanquish the demons that cause
Questions and doubts, getting in the way
Of expressing the things I so desperately
Need to say to you, to myself, to the demons within

Only time will prove whether each of us
Is the person we seem to be
Only time will be able to judge whether
The right choices were made, the right path
Was taken, or whether we went off course

So again I trudge through the day
Knowing that it is too soon to tell
Too soon to promise, too soon to doubt
I stand again, letting your affection mold me
Praying I don’t talk myself out of the love of my life


No comments: