Monday, September 13, 2010

What is it that only God can do?

The email devotion this morning caught my attention because I can answer this one pretty easily. I have prayed for healing for Jake- and while I am not thrilled about the outcome, I know that now is not the time yet for this to be over for us.

Only God can fix the disaster area that is my love life.

I still talk to about a dozen men I used to date, mostly on Facebook, and we have stayed friend after a romance.I think that speaks to the friendship that was a part of the romance, but it has left me perplexed.
I wear my heart on my sleeve and totally stink at hiding what I am feeling.
I am going out for drinks and dinner with someone who has potential, but no spark, because he has potential and I wonder if that makes me a total jerk- I've been counseled that I need to give it some time to see if my feelings change.
I hurt the person I actually like back and he will probably NEVER ask me out. Super.
I seem to be attracting, at least historically, people with negative energy. I've gone back to meditative prayer to adjust that energy - hopeful that this will help! 

So this prayer, I will send to the Heavens:
Dear Lord,
I want to offer a prayer for the partner I haven't found yet.  Please be a balm to his heart because if his lonliness is like mine, it hurts him.  Please reassure him that I am coming and preparing myself to be a good partner when You deem the time to be right. I don't care about his looks, I don't care about his age, I only care that he has a heart for You and loves You above all else.  I would like him to be human, and have frailties, please, a saint might be a little overwhelming to a sinner like me. I do care that he has room in his heart, I do care that he is able to love me without major renovations, I do care that he can take care of himself.  Lord, I'll trust you to take the pain of this longing from me until such time as it is appropriate for me to look again. I love You - and I know You love me back. I felt that so intensely in Adoration last night.
Now if you could manifest that in physical form, that'd be great.
Thanks.

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

It will probably happen once you stop worrying and trying. Easier said than done, I'm sure. Good luck.

Loner said...

Thanks AC. I think I am clouding things with nervous energy- I found out Sunday that I had fouled up my hormones - so I am trying to ease myself back into a more sublime state. Hah! We'll see how it goes!