Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Coasting

The great experiment which involved telling all of the adults in this house that they had to have a job or be going to school as of October 1st has been a grand success.

Now I will digress for just a moment to say that the whole idea of having to put my children out without employment and taking the car and cell phones, thus eliminating their ability to get a job- was entirely a possibility - and the whole idea of it made me physically ill to think about. But good parenting means that you have to push sometimes - and the gentle pressure applied at the right location has worked.

Josh actually got 2 job offers today - and he was genuinely pleased about it. It was amazing to see the pride on his face when he realized he was awash in job offers. I am still pushing for him to be in school in January - but that is a battle for another day - today I am just happy for him.

Nicole got an offer last week for something that was okay, but seasonal- and today she got an offer from Home Depot - solid and with possibilities. A great blessing and a new beginning to start her life over again.

My brother has been working steadily doing odd jobs, but got a regular position a couple of weeks ago - and a raise just today.

And Jerra -will not be getting a job just now - she has about 60-days of work to finish her beautician's license and since that is where her talent is, I have asked her to go back full time so that she can graduate and make a lot of money doing what she is good at.

Mostly, I just wanted to post about how very pleased I am that God gave me the grace to push - that He helped me not back down when I wanted to - and that the jobs became available before my deadline - which is in less than 48 hours - allowing all of them to keep their dignity.

So thank you thank you thank you.

3 comments:

J said...

Good news all around!

:)

Anvilcloud said...

Yay team!!

Loner said...

Yay team is right! I am so very thankful!