Friday, January 05, 2007

Hope


This has been a week where "the world" has cut me some slack by being full of those stories that show how wonderful life can be. A man jumped onto the subway to rescue a stranger, The person with the tape of Steve Irwin's death returned it to his widow, behaving in an honorable way in a world that would have paid big dollars for him to do otherwise, firemen delivered a baby in New York, a couple of guys caught a 4 year old who was falling out of a window, a puppy who has been gone for a long time, showed up at the other end of the country, and has now been returned to her owners, my long lost friend is back to being my friend again - so much so that she told me to stop whining which was something I needed to hear, I might get a job offer to make more money and if I do, I already like the girl I'll be working with, and whatever was trying to get in to eat my chickens didn't make it in.

Yep all that in one week - you'd think the Earth was spinning backwards or something.

Then I went to the Gluten Free Girl. Her name is Shauna, and like many of us, she searched and hoped for love for a long time, she'll be forty next year. She is up for a blog award because of her wonderful story, Yes, warning: I was streaming tears at my desk, but you already know what a sap I am for a love story. Read it when you have a minute and want to be submerged in a bit of hope, it did it for me.

PS I don't care if I sound sappy, I am so ready to be back to my happier self and thankful that the world is getting back into alignment.

5 comments:

Cindy-Lou said...

You're definitely one of those people who take stock in what they have instead of whining about what they don't. Good for you, Stace.

Just Me said...

what a great post, all that good stuff in one week!

Anvilcloud said...

I suppose there are always good things going on, but they don't always come to our attention. I'm glad that you made such a list. It feels good.

Dale said...

Glad good things are happening for you, Stace. I know it's not ALL good, but your optimism is heartening. Bless you!

Unknown said...

Wonderful post! Yay for good things!! And the "yes" story was amazing. I now have it bookmarked for when I need a little uplifting later. thanks! Kathy