Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Hudini's daughters

I sent an email yesterday that sums up the cost of love
Two puppies from the Humane Society - $180
Reward for the lady who rescued the girls - $50
Horse fence to prevent climbing - $120
Extra collars and tags $30
Electric fence to prevent digging - $140
Bail from the pound $70
Having the girls home AGAIN - priceless

On the 19th Justin and I came home to find that the girls had once again vanished from the back yard. Chase was given, but the girls were too fast. I put another ad in the paper, made up more flyers and went by the pound again, only to find they had already closed for their Christmas party.

Christmas came and went, and there was no sign of the girls. I was afraid maybe they were lost - or that someone decided they were so cute they had to keep the girls. Monday came and Justin called me - the girls were on the Pound website - ready for adoption! On the way home from work, I picked up electric fence line - a task that will take a couple days work to install.

So today, I went with Jerra and we rescued the girls from the Hoosegow where they spent Christmas and missed all the great leftovers. I was prepared to pay out the $90 fee for boarding.

The staff knew the girls, seems they broke out of their kennel at the Pound as well. Made me feel better because these folks keep pens for a living!! The lady at the counter was kind, and since we had a poster there, she didn't charge me for the boarding fee.

Now they are back at home - safe and sound - and tonight I'll have the fence finished and they can have the run of the yard once again.

No comments: