Monday, June 28, 2004

Thit mé i ngrá leat ( I won't say it in English)

The force of the words takes me by surprise
Words I vowed never to speak again -
The power in the sentiment and the possibilities
Overwhelms my senses and frightens my reason
Don’t know what will happen tomorrow, and
My future suddenly seems both secure and unclear simultaneously

The real trial is in being patient,
A virtue analyzers like us sorely lack
While the details, which now seem complicated,
Work out into a new order before us
And in time we may look back and wonder
Why we were worried in the beginning.

It seems as natural as my heart beating
To hear your voice before I sleep, lulling me into dreams
Gathering my thoughts and wrapping them
In the dark felt of evening and the knowledge
That for now, I need not worry, there are two of us.

No promises are made, but even if
The day comes and we find we cannot make our lives merge
Making pancakes after making love in the morning,
You will be in my heart forever, a reminder
That another spirit walks this path, barefoot
Feeling the earth warm and breathing below

No comments: