Monday, June 21, 2004

Just In Time

Just in time – how appropriate the title
Not looking for romance or to fill a void
Running from the bridal bouquet
Yet some force continued pressing
Pushing, drawing, moving us
Closer, almost in the way of each other
Until there was no longer a path of resistance

My heart has kept hope burning
Despite betrayal, despite the pain
The beliefs of a little girl
That love exists without boundaries
That two people can be happy together
That I have another half who is also
Angry that it is taking so long to find each other

The disembodied voice continued calling
Though its existence remained silent on my lips
Even when I could not see you, I could feel you
Your hands on my trembling skin
This I will keep only to myself
The precious treasure of another soul
One like me, with scars stronger than flesh

Delicious moments of seeing beneath the pelt
Into the soft pink flesh beneath the surface
Into the heart and the tender shrouded soul
Looking deep into your eyes,
Hearing the fear in your voice too
Frightening to see the commonality
With my own soul, my own life, my own scars.



No comments: