Monday, June 21, 2004

Tactile Memory

The taste of you lingers in my memory
The sweetness of your kiss, bathed in licorice and tequila

My face remembers you, and the soft bristles around your mouth
My cheeks flush with the thought of your heat

I think of you and I tremble, as under your hands
My skin remembering the feel of your touch, the curve of your fingers

My ears remember the sound of you breathing
The slow rhythmic breath of a contented child sleeping

My legs remember the feel of your legs
Strength, firm muscles and warm flesh

The line along my belly remembers where your arm rested
As I tried to leave, savoring the sweet sorrow of parting

My hands remember the feel of your chest
The soft hair curling and the baby skin beneath

I feel younger than I have in years, alive, invigorated
In hope, the outside flesh remembers, the inside flesh savors

I still feel your breath on my neck, like warm oil flowing over me
Inducing chills while I am driving home thinking of you

My heart remembers you
Thoughts and words spilling over like a flood

Unable to write quickly enough to stop
The pounding that follows my thoughts of you

No comments: