Monday, July 16, 2012

So lets get on with the Blessings part, shall we?

Nicole, of Nicole and Charlie fame, was here yesterday - she looks great, she sounds great, she has found her purpose and her life by ministering to the very people who are in a spot like the one she found herself in.  Forget business school, she is becoming a social worker when she starts classes in the fall.  And how cool is it that she is a teacher's assistant in a school system in Albquerque which can really use her compassion.  Charlie is thriving - and all in all her story has a happy ending. How incredibly cool is it when God puts us in the right place at the right time and says: hey step up and this will be good?  It is way past good -and I feel blessed that we were able to be a part of that story.

Jake had a medication increase - and we are now at 3 weeks of seizure-free-ness.  Hoping for a lot more- but thankful for what we have so far.  The timing for a move couldn't be better because he is due to see an adult neuro- so we'll find one in Indy.  Also in the blessing column, the ability for him to spend time with his other brother and sister who are now old enough to help drive him about.  This will be a great opportunity for him to start over - and honestly, that is what a good mother does: give your kid the best shot at a happy life he can have. 

My daughter and son are showing what they are really made of - looking at apartment and housing options, working extra hours, helping watch Jake so I can work.  It is no surprise, they are of course, Dave Loner's grandkids so what else would we expect, but it is wonderful to see it come to fruition. They are gonna do great and when the apron-strings are cut- look out 'cause they are gonna fly!

Things are really coming together in the house and I should be ready to list it in just a couple more weeks - just in time!

and I humbled to tell you the last blessing- something I had only hoped for in the secret places of my heart - I am in love with a man that I trust to be true to me.   And for the first time in forever, I have someone that is willing to dedicate himself to me and to our life - you know what, every evening he takes the time to talk to me and go over a devotional we are using for couples to strengthen their relationships.  He is in effect doing the counseling before there is ever a problem, forming a strong foundation and if I knew nothing else about him, I would love him for being dedicated enough to me to share his thoughts and his faith with me.  What a blessing it is to have a Godly man. I am truly humbled and still blush when I tell people about him. 

No comments: