Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Size of yourWorry reflects the Size of your Faith

Funny thing is that I don't hesitate for a minute in believing that miracles happen to people all the time - a lady just this week, was hit by lightening moments after telling her grandsons to run inside. Not only did she survive, but her injuries were minimal and she has told the story repeatedly to spread the news of her miracle.

We have experienced miracle after miracle as Jake has had seizures in places that should have resulted in serious bodily injury ( hot stoves, glass counters, sharp knives, firepits) and each time, he has minor injuries and a great story.

It was nothing short of a miracle that we escaped unscathed from an abuser who wanted to bury us in the backyard 8 years ago.

On Sunday, I was overwhelmed with the notion that if I am genuinely worried about finding a job when I get to Indy, I need only ask for a miracle.  I don't ask - actually I don't think I have ever asked for something for myself except for a miracle to heal Jake's epilepsy.
So I did.
I asked to stay with my current employer and asked that if that wasn't His will for me, that He be very clear in telling me where He wants me.

What followed was remarkable.
I feel at peace, I know things will work out - and not in that superficial bullshit way that we "know things" so that we won't drive ourselves crazy- but that deep knowing that wherever I am intended to be, I will be.

Now I am ready for Nicole to come this weekend and move her things and the staging has begun so that I'll have an apartment-worth of furniture for both my older kids to start their new lives.  This is SO EXCITING!!!!


No comments: