Monday, May 28, 2012

25 Things about me....

1. I lost the soprano range of my voice singing at dime beer night at the Blue Bird when John Mellencamp came to play the 3rd set. I couldn't talk for 6 weeks. ( this is mind blowing, I know)
2. My dad's obituary got messed up in the Indianapolis paper and lots of people he knew didn't even know he died, I regret that I let my mom talk me out of republishing it.
3. We spent one perfect day in Minnesota while we were at Mayo Clinic pretending that Dad wasn't sick and enjoying the outdoors - we went to Wabasha ( see #4)
4. I love the Grumpy Old Men movies
5. I met my best friend at Parents without Partners while we were both hitting on the same man - neither of us kept him.
6. My grandmother ended up married to the priest who married her - about 5 years after he left ordained life. She loved ladybugs and I see them everywhere.
7. The first boy I dated didn't know my age - and he was 6 years older than me - yikes! 8. I want to grow up to be Aunt Meg in Twister - minus the tornados.
9. I get along with most all of my exs - in some cases better than when we were together.
10. I rode the mechanical bull while listening to David Allen Coe at that bar in Dallas
11. I have been a mom since I was 20
12. I'd have 10 more kids if I could - not that it is advisable.
13. I stopped lying about my age when I turned 21 and could buy bourbon legally
14. I hate shoes and socks -and short of glass or ice, will go barefoot outside even when it is freezing
15. My parents were born in the same hospital 13 days apart and were together in school from the 1st grade.
16. I can still throw a wicked spiral right in the numbers - a result of being Dave Loner's daughter,.
17. I lettered in Football and Basketball as a trainer in highschool - but I still have the letters
18. Stephanie Rogers paid a boy that we knew to kiss me in 8th grade.
19. I would rather fall asleep outside in the sunshine than alone in bed at night.
20. I love being Catholic- won't try to convert you but will not hide what it has done for me either
21. Lora and I have stories we will take to our grave - they were that good
22. The kids and I almost slid to our death coming over the Lukachukai Mountains when the road from Farmington iced over. We stopped about 5 inches from the edge of a cliff.
23. I saw the Indy 500 from the infield - more times than I care to admit.
24. I worked as an ER nurse in a small hospital in Monticello and held several peoples hands as they crossed
25. I have almost no planning skills - if there is money in the bank, I like to just go

No comments: