Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Not falling for this!


If there was one thing I could change it would be my fear of heights - well, not heights exactly, but the fear of falling and falling and falling to my death - from something high up.

When I lived by the rim of Canyon de Chelly - it was bad - since I wanted to look down, but it scared the crap out of me. I forced myself to look anyway - but a small part of me was always morbidly waiting for one of my family - or me - to fall right off the side. Sick, I know.


I haven't seen the Grand Canyon because I am afraid of the drop - though I love looking at the pictures. And now this story about an amazing platform that will let you go over the cliff and get a bird's eye view.

But unless I overcome my fear, these pictures are the closest I will ever get - and that makes me sad.

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I tend not to get too close to edge either.

Lora said...

I'll keep you company on the edge, fingernails leaving marks in the handrails! I don't do heights! The only way I would walk on that platform is for a) $1,000,000 or b) if Denzel were out there! which I'd do for free, and him! haha :)

Summer said...

I'm the exact same. I'm not really afraid of heights, it's the falling part I'm afraid of.